partysip-dev

Re: [Partysip-dev] using the software

From: Aymeric Moizard
Subject: Re: [Partysip-dev] using the software
Date: Mon, 3 Jun 2002 14:42:40 +0200 (CEST)

On Mon, 3 Jun 2002, The_User wrote:

> Hello,
>

> I have a few problems.... or maybe not?
>

> When I start the program, it says:
>
> # > /usr/local/bin/partysip -d 6 &
>
> Server:             WellX Telecom/Partysip/0.4.4
> Debug level:        6
> Config name:        /usr/local/etc/partysip/partysip.conf
> Log name:           Standard output
> Error: TRACE_INITIALIZE() is disabled. (use configure --enable-trace)
>
> 1. Is the last line is OK? Or shall I compile again the software?

This is OK, but means that oSIP has been compiled without support
for TRACE. I shoulkd replace the Error with INFO...

> When I start linphone it says that the registration was succesfull (or
> something like that). So it seems something is working. :-)

This is correct.

> 2. It doesent log anything.

yes... it's disabled...

> When I call out only the following lines logged on Standard output even if I
> specify a logfile with the -l option!!

same answer :)

> pplsocket.c: IP addresses used: 195.37.77.101
> pplsocket.c: IP addresses used: 195.37.77.101
> pplsocket.c: IP addresses used: 195.37.77.101

These are printf for debugging purpose. They'll be removed.
> .
>
> Is it all OK?

It's all ok.

> With netstat -a, I can see that it established a connection to the destination
> address. Does it mean that the configuration is good? (I used the URL
> sip:address@hidden)
>
> Is there any test URL?

There will be one server on anode.atosc.org in around one week.
I need to finish the statefull mode.

> 3. I have compiled the libs version 0.8.7 with gcc-2.95.3-52. The homepage
> said thet I need gcc 3.0.3. Shall I downgrade to 0.8.6? (I use a SuSE linux
> 7.2) If yess do I have to recompile partysip?

Did the homepage said that?? no you don't need gcc-3

> Many thanx for the software, and your help!

You're welcome.
Aymeric