partysip-dev

Re: [Partysip-dev] partysip 0.5.5 use 70% cpu usage

From: Aymeric Moizard
Subject: Re: [Partysip-dev] partysip 0.5.5 use 70% cpu usage
Date: Fri, 28 Feb 2003 14:42:13 +0100 (CET)

On Thu, 27 Feb 2003, Roland Zheng wrote:

> Hi,
>  I compiled the the latest partysip 0.5.5 , under windows 2000
> and run it,  (not NT service mode), it used more that 75% CPU .
> Is there anything I missed?

My fault!

I have wrongly implemented a simulation of pipe behaviors with socket.
By making minor modifs in the design of partysip (reducing the
number of threads), this issue has just appeared in partysip-0.5.5.

I have fixed it in the CVS and a new binary is available at the
usual place. The file fixed in the CVS are
 ppl/win32/pplpipe.c
 ppl/win32/ppl_pipe.h

For convenience, you might want to update src/psp_core.c which also
have a minor modification.

Anyway, you are strognly encourage to use the unix implementation
of partysip.

Thanks
Aymeric