partysip-dev

Re: [Partysip-dev] 404 AOR Not found

From: Aymeric Moizard
Subject: Re: [Partysip-dev] 404 AOR Not found
Date: Fri, 30 May 2003 13:01:55 +0200 (CEST)

On Thu, 29 May 2003, Joseph Chooracken John-A19500 wrote:

> Hi ,
>
>    The scenario is like this.
>
>    We have 2 SIPUA and partysip Proxy/Registrar. These 2 UA's are
> registered to the Proxy/Registrar using the domain name. For example
> we register as address@hidden . Now using one of the other UA's I
> try to call john using "address@hidden" instead of using
> "address@hidden". Now the proxy replies back with "404 AOR not
> found".
>
> Is this behaviour valid?

No. This behavior is caused by bad configurations (or a bug?)

Your partysip.conf should have those entries:

# commented:
## serverip =
servername = motorola.com

Then, when a user register at the proxy, with the name motorola.com
the user is registred. When a INVITE comes later, the host of
the request-uri can contain either the IP or the fqdn of proxy.

If you have an old version of partysip, you might try to specify all
IPs and FQDNs of your host:

serverip = 217.2.54.33, 127.0.0.1
servername = motorola.com, sip.motorala.com

Aymeric