partysip-dev

[Partysip-dev] Call stateful proxy

From: Robert Högberg
Subject: [Partysip-dev] Call stateful proxy
Date: Fri, 28 Nov 2003 11:38:14 +0100

Hello,

I think that I need a call stateful proxy for my quite odd setup. Does
partysip have this functionality? Would it be hard for me to add this
functionality?

This is what I'm trying to do:
I have an external SIP phone and a computer running Windows messenger. When
I make a call from my SIP phone I'd like to add video to this call by having
the proxy INVITE Windows messenger into the session and have the proxy
modify the SDP body in order to add the video section. This would result in
video going to Windows messenger and audio to the SIP phone. I assume that
the callee has both video and audio capabilities.

In order to tear down both the sessions (One session between the phone and
the callee and one between Windows messenger and the proxy) when one of them
is terminated I think I need a call stateful proxy (probably with heavy
modifications :-)). If there's a more standard way of accomplishing the same
thing I'd love to hear about it, but I'm prepared to do some plugin writing.
Is it enough to write a plugin for this purpose or would this require
changes deep inside partysip?

Thanks in advance!

Robert