pdf-devel

[pdf-devel] unit testing & void* & design-doc

From: Mathias Kolehmainen
Subject: [pdf-devel] unit testing & void* & design-doc
Date: Mon, 15 Oct 2007 09:48:49 -0400

Hola,

I think that the check framework is adequate for unit testing.  Has a
few quirks, but I haven't found anything better for C.

   http://check.sourceforge.net/

I'm not sure what the best way to include it in the project is.  In
the past I have just added the check source to ext/check or something
like that and then built it when necessary.  Alternatively, we can
just assert that if you want to run the unittest you have to download
and install it yourself.

Let's hear any thoughts on check or how it might be included.  Let me
know if you have an alternate favorite unit testing framework for C.

On another topic, why are there so may void*  argument types in the
code?  I believe this is asking for headaches later on.

On yet another topic, I have not been able to find the design
documents.  Is there a document (or wiki page) that outlines what the
library will do?  A pseudo-code, fantasy api would be very helpful.  I
have a hard time imagining what you are building without that.  Who
are the consumers of this library?  What are the inputs and outputs?
What is the memory management mechanism?

-mathias