pdf-devel

Re: [pdf-devel] New 64 bit type for the base layer

From: jemarch
Subject: Re: [pdf-devel] New 64 bit type for the base layer
Date: Mon, 21 Jan 2008 21:24:19 +0100

Hello Daniel.

   My name is Daniel and I'm new to the PDF list. I've been checking the
   architecture and API, specially the time management section.Since
   there is a potential need for a 64 bit integer type for the pdf_time_t
   and pdf_time_span_t  types defined in the time management section (to
   be able to cover a wide enough range of years from a predefined
   reference date) , I propose the inclusion of this generic 64 bit
   integer type in the base layer (e.g. typedef pdf_u32_t[2] pdf_i64_t or
   something similar). It will be used in the time management
   implementation but it will most probably end up being useful for other
   stuff too. Along with the typedef, basic arithmetic operations must be
   defined too (e.g. +, - , * , /, etc...).

   Any comments to this potential addition?

I think it is pertinent. The Basic Types module is the right place to
put such a implementation.

Could you please write an API proposal and send it to this list?