pdf-devel

Re: [pdf-devel] Sources organization

From: jemarch
Subject: Re: [pdf-devel] Sources organization
Date: Tue, 22 Jan 2008 23:42:32 +0100

   I'm following the list but not writing a lot lately. As you asked
   for opinion I still have time to five my two cents in case someone
   is interested.

I am certainly interested :)

   2. I prefer option a), as I think cases that would not need the
   whole library would be rare and this would ease instalation and
   packaging.

Ok.

   I also have one suggestion to the layers structure. Why not create
   a rendering layer on top of the page layer to decouple page
   managing from the graphics library used to represent it? Cairo is a
   great choice but as this gnupdf aims to satisfy almost all pdf
   related needs, maybe it would be great if, for example, Qt
   programmers had the freedom to write their own Qt-based rendering
   module (the rendering module must best be choosable at runtime).

My intention is to include the raster as a module of the page
layer. That module could be interchangeable provided that there will
be a well defined API to access page elements.

   3. I vote for directories. Make things clearer in my opinion.

Ok.

Many thanks for pointing out your thoughts.