pdf-devel

Re: [pdf-devel] Re: migration to GNU Bazaar

From: Zac Brown
Subject: Re: [pdf-devel] Re: migration to GNU Bazaar
Date: Thu, 17 Jul 2008 17:13:12 -0700

gerel wrote:
 > Date: Wed, 16 Jul 2008 11:39:49 -0700
 > From: Zac Brown <address@hidden>
> > > To effect the same thing as a CVS commit in a DVCS like Git or Bazaar, you're > going to commit and then push. So there's a little concept update for those > unfamiliar. > > You can commit everything you want for however long you want, then you can build > a patch set from the head and submit that. If you actually have write access to > the repo, then you'd be "pushing" your commits into it, though we're not doing that. >
Right, we use the benevolent dictator workflow :-P.

-gerel

For those of you using Bazaar and are familiar with Andrew Morton's Quilt scripts, there is a plugin called bzr-loom (https://code.launchpad.net/bzr-loom) that offers the same functionality for bazaar.

If you're unfamiliar with Quilt/Loom, it allows you to manage large patch sets where the patches are dependent on patches before it. Effectively it works as a stack, allowing you to pop patches off the top, updating the one thats the new top, then push the patches back on. Only difference is that in Loom this is instead moving up/down threads.

Its very useful and will make your life incredibly easy with large patch sets, reducing a lot of typing down to a nice interface :).

-Zac