pdf-devel

Re: [pdf-devel] FS module, file readable/writeable

From: Zac Brown
Subject: Re: [pdf-devel] FS module, file readable/writeable
Date: Sun, 27 Jul 2008 14:46:05 -0700

address@hidden wrote:
   > That modification would involve to change the filesystem
   > implementation interface. Not all filesystems will have an access-like
   > functionality in a native way.
> > As a matter of convenience we could provide a pdf_fsys_item_access function
   > that would internally use the pdf_fsys_item_* functions.
> We basically have this already with pdf_fsys_get_item_props. My intention is to just have pdf_fsys_item_{writable/readable}_p call that function in the disk implementation.

Now that you mention it I see that, regarding the read-write perms on
the disk item, we only have a 'is_read_only' property in the item
props structure.

Would be good to replace that field in the structure with two fields
'is_writable' and 'is_readable'.

Provided we change the structure I agree that it would be a good idea
to make both is_readable_p and is_writable_p to use the get_item_props
function internally.

I'll update all this later in the day with a patch. Am working as we speak./

-Zac