pdf-devel

RE: [pdf-devel] Encryption filters

From: Leonard Rosenthol
Subject: RE: [pdf-devel] Encryption filters
Date: Sun, 27 Jul 2008 21:39:38 -0700

Just remember that normal PDF encryption does NOT use "Crypt Filters",
but instead simply encrypts all strings and streams.   "Crypt Filters"
are only ever used as Identity, in the case of unencrypted metadata, or
on embedded files (for a secure envelope).  Not that other options
aren't supported - but those are the only cases where Acrobat will
create them.

Leonard