pdf-devel

[pdf-devel] Encryption module

From: jemarch
Subject: [pdf-devel] Encryption module
Date: Wed, 30 Jul 2008 00:12:40 +0200

Hi all.

I have created the tasks related with the development of the new
"crypt module" in the base layer.

I have also updated the documentation in the wiki in order to reflect
the existence of the new module. That includes the architecture pages
and the roadmap.

Ok, the first step is to write down the design of the module and then
the API for it. I have assigned those tasks to David Vazquez.

Some general hints:

  - We need functions to de/encrypt pdf_text_t variables (Aleks can
    assist in the design of this part).

  - We need functions to de/encrypt memory regions characterized by a
    pointer and a size (to be used in the crypt filters).

  - We are going to use libgcrypt to provide the de/encryption
    algorithms.

David, I would suggest you to start writing down a summary of the
requirements in the architecture page for the module
(http://www.gnupdf.org/Lib:Architecture/Base_Layer/Crypt_Module) and
writing down an initial API.

Thanks.