pdf-devel

Re: [pdf-devel] new-stm branch merged in the trunk

From: Juan Pedro Bolivar Puente
Subject: Re: [pdf-devel] new-stm branch merged in the trunk
Date: Mon, 22 Sep 2008 02:56:54 +0200

address@hidden wrote:
> Hi.
>
> I have just merged the new-stm branch into the trunk. It contains the
> implementation for the new stream architecture documented in
> http://www.gnupdf.org/Lib:Architecture/Base_Layer/Stream_Module
>
> I have been marked the tasks for the re/writing of the filters. The
> API that should be implemented by each single filter is documented in
> the stream module architecture page (see above).

Great news :-)

I'm having a brief look on the new API and (may caused by beer) I can't
understand why the filter has to install its state in a hash map.

I can understand that having parameters in a hash map provides an
homogeneous and dynamic way of installing the filters that decreases
coupling, but as the state should be private data, I can't see any
advantage of having it stored in a hash map.

Am I missing something?

Thanks,
JP

PS: I will be a bit more busy this week but will try to get at least one
or two filters ported.