pdf-devel

[pdf-devel] Re: rldec eod management

From: gerel
Subject: [pdf-devel] Re: rldec eod management
Date: Sun, 28 Sep 2008 09:20:31 -0700 (PDT)

I think I know why it's not reaching there. It's particular to RL and we may see
this behavior in other filters too.

The thing is this, when you ask the filter to read N bytes, as soon as you get
the N bytes the apply() function isn't called anymore, leaving in this case the
EOD marker. Other filters may actually need and look for the trailing character
in order to finish the decoding process, but the RL doesn't need it to decode
data.

I could force the consumption of an EOD marker just by inserting one in the
middle of the encoded data. Could that be an scenario, i.e. <dataEODdataEOD>
for one stream that you didn't destroy() after getting the first EOD ? (in case
you destroy() it as we know all starts again)

cheers

-gerel