pdf-devel

Re: [pdf-devel] Filter params type

From: gerel
Subject: Re: [pdf-devel] Filter params type
Date: Thu, 02 Oct 2008 07:09:02 -0700 (PDT)

 > Date: Thu, 02 Oct 2008 15:35:06 +0200
 > From: Juan Pedro Bolivar Puente <address@hidden>
 >
 > > What I think he means is, that the filter's parameter list is a PDF
 > > dictionary
 > > object (section 7.3.8.2 in the PDF document that Aleks recently mailed)
 > > . We're following the PDF defined syntax and semantics of course.
 > >

 > Ok. That chapter did not make me change my mind, but I will stop
 > annoying about this topic and will use pdf_int32_t :)

Hi JP,

It's simple, type control and conversion is done at an upper level, and the
filter shouldn't need to convert any parameter in order to use it, that's the
idea.

OTOH, the code you have suggested for filter's argument assignment is a
maybe-optimization for code that is not yet written. Step by step, :-)

cheers

-gerel