pdf-devel

Re: [pdf-devel] Streams solution proposal

From: jemarch
Subject: Re: [pdf-devel] Streams solution proposal
Date: Sat, 04 Oct 2008 20:39:21 +0200

   > For me it makes sense to call flush into pdf_stm_destroy: it is
   > what you get when you call fclose, for example.

   Yep, you are right. My problem was with calling a finish, not a
   flush.

Ah ok.

   > Hmm. Consider that you want to ahex encode 20mb of data. You want to
   > do it in chunks of 4k, so you call pdf_stm_write (my_buf, 4k). The
   > internal filter chain will consume any output from 'my_buf' until it
   > generates an EOF condition, but we certainly dont want to finish the
   > filters at that point...

   I didn't mean that EOF. I think that we can do it like this:

     - On write mode: Call pdf_stm_finish on pdf_stm_destroy.
     - On read mode: Call pdf_stm_finish on backend EOF.

   If behaving that way I think that we can make the finishing process
   transparent and correct. What do you think?

Makes sense for me. For write streams it would remain the same, but it
is interesting to have the possibility to install encoders in read
streams.