pdf-devel

[pdf-devel] general comments on ASCII85 filter and encoder

From: Cirilo Bernardo
Subject: [pdf-devel] general comments on ASCII85 filter and encoder
Date: Sun, 5 Oct 2008 18:06:27 +1100

OK, this should be the last of my comments on the ASCII85 filter for now:

General:
        * no checks if the memory allocation failed?  Is this because
we expect the lib to simply fault and exit?
        *  Is the memory resizing really essential?  Aren't we just
wasting time if it is only off by a small amount?

Encoder:
        *  ~ line 137:  The calculation of line breaks does not take
the END-OF-DATA marker into account
        *  line 178:  (*out)[pos_out] = '\n';   -- pos_out is not
incremented; \n will be overwritten later.
        *  No memory checking; this is only permissible if we are
absolutely sure that there will be no overflow.

- Cirilo