pdf-devel

Re: [pdf-devel] accessibility issue

From: jemarch
Subject: Re: [pdf-devel] accessibility issue
Date: Thu, 04 Dec 2008 22:05:49 +0100

   > Here I report an accessibility issue that I imagine should be quite easy
   > resolve. Related to read on a full white background is something that can
   > be
   > hard for some people. It would help to get a functionality to exchange
   > white
   > and black, read white text on black background. Or optionaly it could
   > resolve
   > too to change only the background from white #FFFFFF to grey #777777 (and
   > keep the text in black). If the pdf contains images with white backgrounds
   > it
   > is not a problem to keep it unchanged, the problem occurs when the white
   > area
   > is huge.
   >
   > With Regards
   > Florent Monnier

   good point! I think it'd be a good idea to collect all accessibility
   related topics in a separat documentation/specification. I'm not entirely
   sure what should be realized clientside and what libraryside.

It is an interesting topic. Can you create a new page in the wiki (say
http://www.gnupdf.org/Accessibility) to collect ideas? I would
categorize the ideas in two categories: "Application" and "Library".