pdf-devel

[pdf-devel] DCT filter: suspending or buffering

From: ych
Subject: [pdf-devel] DCT filter: suspending or buffering
Date: Mon, 15 Dec 2008 22:05:38 +0800

Hi,

Normally, the data feeding to libjpeg decompressing is done in a callback function (in which way I think pdf might take...). That means there is no chance to return a ENINPUT to outer loop to get more input data so we need a internal buffer to cache all compressed data and put them into libjpeg.I don't know wether it's acceptable.I mean, if there is very huge jpeg pic...

Or, there is a another mode of I/O of libjpeg, suspending in which the decompressing will return if it needs more input.But the document says there may be a performance issue in this mode.No promise of the running time.

I'm proceeding along to the first choice.I think maybe we can adjust pdf I/O interfaces or implement both of the modes of libjpeg without changing our interface.
Please comment.

Thanks!
Yang