pdf-devel

[pdf-devel] FS#79 text module and opaque pointers

From: gerel
Subject: [pdf-devel] FS#79 text module and opaque pointers
Date: Wed, 17 Dec 2008 09:59:10 -0800 (PST)

Hi hackers,

I'll do task #79. The task details says we should discuss first :-).

>From the details:
##
Some unit tests of the text module (in torture/unit/base/text/) are
dereferencing pdf_text_t pointers. It is no longer working since the pdf-text
module now publish "opaque pointers" in the public header file pdf.h.

There are two possible solutions for this problem:

1) To change the design of the tests to not have to use the internals of
   pdf_text_t
2) To introduce a "testing" API in pdf_text providing access to the internal
   fields.
###

First, a 3rd solution exists which is to leave all as it is and add a flag to
disable opaque pointers when running the test cases.

Solution 1) is the most time consuming but the nicest too. Solution 2) would be
ok to me only if the introduced procedures are not just for testing
purposes. Solution 3 is the simplest one.

cheers,

-gerel