pdf-devel

Re: [pdf-devel] Re: Handling errors in pdf_stm_read_char/peer_char

From: jemarch
Subject: Re: [pdf-devel] Re: Handling errors in pdf_stm_read_char/peer_char
Date: Tue, 13 Jan 2009 23:07:56 +0100

      I think redefining the functions as
        pdf_status_t
        pdf_stm_{read,peek}_char (pdf_stm_t stm,
                                  pdf_char_t *ch)
      would be the best way to report errors, since it makes the usage
      obvious. pdf_stm_read and pdf_stm_write would need similar changes.

      Comments?

   I agree. We would be also removing the PDF_EOF special value, so the
   posterior cast to pdf_char_t would not be needed. I will commit a
   patch for this within the next hours.

A patch changing the interfaces of pdf_stm is now applied in the
trunk. Both pdf-filter and the unit tests has been adapted to use the
new API. The reference manual is also updated.