pdf-devel

Re: [pdf-devel] Missing stream backend error conditions.

From: gerel
Subject: Re: [pdf-devel] Missing stream backend error conditions.
Date: Tue, 19 May 2009 17:16:35 -0300

Hey,

So, we now need to decide what goes where.

The list of status code so far is:

       - PDF_OK
       - PDF_EEOF (read)
       - PDF_EAGAIN (read/write)
       - PDF_ENOSPC (write)
       - PDF_EINVOP (read for write mode and viceversa)
       - PDF_ERROR (other error)
       - PDF_EBADFILE (invalid data)
       - PDF_EIO (future use i/o error)
       - PDF_EIMPLLIMIT (filter specific)
       - PDF_ENOMEM (filter specific)
       - PDF_EINTR (signal interruption)

The backend and the fsys module are deeply related. If we decide we need a
status code in the backend it's very likely that we need it in the fsys mod too.

Then, from the bottom and upwards the returned values would be,

    Fsys mod:
       - PDF_OK
       - PDF_EEOF (read)
       - PDF_EAGAIN (read/write)
       - PDF_ENOSPC (write)
       - PDF_EINVOP (read for write mode and viceversa)
       - PDF_EINTR (signal interruption)
       - PDF_ERROR (other error)

     Stm mod:
       - PDF_OK
       - PDF_EEOF (read)
       - PDF_EAGAIN (read/write)
       - PDF_ENOSPC (write)
       - PDF_EINVOP (read for write mode and viceversa)
       - PDF_EINTR (signal interruption)
       - PDF_EBADFILE (invalid data)
       - PDF_EIO (future use i/o error)
       - PDF_EIMPLLIMIT (filter specific)
       - PDF_ENOMEM (filter specific)
       - PDF_ERROR (other error)

     Additional filter return values:
       - PDF_EIMPLLIMIT (filter specific)
       - PDF_ENOMEM (filter specific)
       - PDF_EBADFILE (invalid data)

Tell me what you think and then  i'll proceed.

cheers,

-gerel