pdf-devel

Re: [pdf-devel] FS#24 Filesystem module unit test implemetation / first

From: jemarch
Subject: Re: [pdf-devel] FS#24 Filesystem module unit test implemetation / first patch
Date: Tue, 04 Aug 2009 00:59:51 +0200

Hi Brad.

   I started working on FS#24 again and basically started all over
   again (not that I had much yet ;). Attached you'll find a patch
   with the unit tests implemented for four fsys functions. I'll add
   more in the next few days.

I applied the tests in the trunk, after fixing some spurious tabs in
the torture/unit/Makefile.am file.

   While running the tests I encountered something strange. The test for
   pdf_fsys_get_temp_file_name() failed because the function returned NULL
   (pdf_fsys_file_open_005 failed for the same reason). When I set the
   CK_FORK environment varaible to "no" in order to debug this, all test ran
   fine?!

This is not the first time we find this problem.  Maybe it is related
to the fact that some modules needs some global data to be
initialised.

   The tar archive also attached contains two testdata files for the unit
   tests. The first one needs to be readonly, the second one read-writeable.
   How to handle such files for the fsys unit tests? I guess the best way is
   to write a small script, that sets all needed files up with the right
   permissions. Any other ideas?

A possibility would be to include the test files in the bazaar
repository instead of a separate tarball.

--
Jose E. Marchesi    address@hidden
GNU Project         http://www.gnu.org