pdf-devel

Re: [pdf-devel] hello, qpdf (http://sourceforge.net/projects/qpdf)

From: jemarch
Subject: Re: [pdf-devel] hello, qpdf (http://sourceforge.net/projects/qpdf)
Date: Tue, 03 Nov 2009 18:13:38 +0100

Hello Jay.

   qpdf is released under the terms of version 2.0 of the Artistic
   license, but I would be supportive of inclusion of any of its code,
   or of use of any of its code for ideas for gnu-pdf.

That is quite generous, thanks :)

   One of the features of qpdf that I find most useful (or the
   original reason I wrote the software) is a form that I call "QDF"
   form.

Interesting.  It sounds like those QDF forms could be extremely useful
to test a pdf implementation.

   If you're interested in more information, I encourage you to download
   qpdf and look at its documentation or read comments in the public header
   files.  You can also find a documentation link from qpdf's main website,
   http://qpdf.sourceforge.net.

   Unfortunately, I doubt that I will have much time available to
   contribute code to the GNU PDF project, at least for now, but as
   someone who is pretty familiar with the PDF specification (at least
   at the structural level), I may lurk on the list and chime in when
   I feel that I have something to offer.

Thanks again.  Your help (even if occasional) will be quite valuable.

--
Jose E. Marchesi    address@hidden
GNU Project         http://www.gnu.org