pdf-devel

[pdf-devel] need better testing for int64_t

From: Scott Fohey
Subject: [pdf-devel] need better testing for int64_t
Date: Wed, 2 Dec 2009 22:48:17 -0500

in pdf-types.h is the following:

#if defined(int64_t) && !defined(PDF_FORCE_BIGNUMS)
#define PDF_USE_BUILTIN_64BIT_SUPPORT
#endif

The problem is that int64_t is not #defined on my system (although there
is a typedef for it!), so I end up with the emulated 64-bit math.

My system is ubuntu on a 64-bit AMD processor - if that makes any difference.

My system stdint.h file does this:

# if __WORDSIZE == 64
typedef long int                int64_t;
# else
__extension__
typedef long long int           int64_t;
# endif

so I get the typedef, but no #define int64_t.  I suspect that the presence of
<stdint.h> in the system is inhibiting the generation of this file
from /lib/stdint.in.h
wherein if int64_t is typedefd it is also #defined,

Would it be safe to replace the test for defined(int64_t) with a check of
(__WORDSIZE == 64), or of (LONG_MAX >> 31 >>31 == 1)?

I cannot seem to find any good mechanism to test for the presence of int64_t...
Seems to me like something autoconf ought to be providing, right?  All
I can find
in config.h is HAVE_LONG_LONG_INT, which isn't exactly right either.

Anybody know the "right way" to correct this?

--Scott