pdf-devel

[pdf-devel] jbig2enc

From: Johannes Tax
Subject: [pdf-devel] jbig2enc
Date: Thu, 1 Apr 2010 21:54:49 +0200

Hello,

I have now assigned the task #100 (JBIG2 encoder filter implementation)
to me. The description recommends using the jbig2enc library
(http://linux.softpedia.com/get/Multimedia/Graphics/jbig2enc-12473.shtml).

After having a look at this library I have some questions:

1) This library is licensed under the Apache license. I am not familiar
that much with licensing issues, so I do not know if that's ok?

2) jbig2enc is a C++ library, so what way do you recommend to go here? I
think the way in which it is currently provided (a static library of C++
objects) is definitely not the right one for our purposes. Would it be
ok to use it as a shared library with a C interface?

Regards,
Johannes

--
Johannes Tax