pdf-devel

Re: [pdf-devel] Issues with bug FS#105

From: Jose E . Marchesi
Subject: Re: [pdf-devel] Issues with bug FS#105
Date: Wed, 07 Apr 2010 23:22:58 +0200 (CEST)

     > I don't have the Knuth books at hand now, but if we are implementing
     > that method then we have to use his rule of election.  Can someone
     > check?

    Well, I have read a little about this issue. Our i64 implementation defines
the
    quotient as truncate(a/b), like many C implementations. For that reason the
    remainder has the same sign as the dividend (like C99). I wrote a patch to
fix
    the mod result sign considering that and some tests to prove it.

Thanks for investigating and fixing this.

    OTOH, could someone test this patch on a win32 platform and evaluate the
results
    as for FS#105 ? I believe they are related.

I will try tomorrow in a Windows machine.

    Patch follows,

Applied.

--
Jose E. Marchesi  <address@hidden>