pdf-devel

Re: [pdf-devel] [pdf-tasks] [flyspray] LZW Filter Implementation

From: Juan Pedro Bolívar Puente
Subject: Re: [pdf-devel] [pdf-tasks] [flyspray] LZW Filter Implementation
Date: Thu, 04 Aug 2011 17:07:55 +0200

On 29/07/11 13:09, Aleksander Morgado wrote:
> Hi Georg,
>

>> I have chosen LZW filter task. The code looks ok (maybe some gotos to
>> refactor), it compiles, and it seems to work. So what has to be done?
>>

> At least unit tests are missing.
>
> I also dislike the use of gotos, but I found them quite handy to keep
> the flow of the state in the filtes, so crossed feelings about that. I
> wouldn't refactor them if they work ok.

I dislike goto's too. I wrote those goto's in the original code. There
is a metodology in how they are used and their only purpose is to keep
state when we run out of buffer space without having to split and blurr
the main algorithm. I do not know of any clearer way of doing this
without continuations (lisp, python) or lazy evaluation (haskell), but
if you do I would love to read it :)

Thanks for maintaining that code, if you have any problems with it I can
try to take a look at it again.

JP