pdf-devel

Re: [pdf-devel] xpdf and GPLv3

From: Jose E. Marchesi
Subject: Re: [pdf-devel] xpdf and GPLv3
Date: Mon, 22 Aug 2011 22:52:00 +0200

Hi Karl.

    I feel I should note here that in the xpdf 3.03 release, Derek has
    changed the licensing to GPLv2 | GPLv3.

Those are great news! :)

    However, since  that is still not  GPLv2+ (or GPLv3+), I  see no way
    for  GNU PDF  to use  any  code from  there, still,  because of  the
    possibility of a GPLv4 someday.

It is a pity he did not consider  to switch to GPLv3+, but GPLv3 only is
still better than GPLv2 only.  Thank you for telling us :)

--
Jose E. Marchesi    address@hidden
GNU Project         http://www.gnu.org