pgubook-readers

[Pgubook-readers] Issue With 1st Example

From: jwesleycooper
Subject: [Pgubook-readers] Issue With 1st Example
Date: Wed, 10 Feb 2010 9:19:38 -0700

Hello,

I'm having some issues with the first actual example assembly program in the
text, namely that when I run it through the assembler, this is what I'm getting:

address@hidden:~/asm> as exit.s -o exit.o
exit.s: Assembler messages:
exit.s:0: Warning: end of file in comment; newline inserted
exit.s:25: Error: no such instruction: `mov1 $1,%eax'
exit.s:29: Error: no such instruction: `mov1 $0,%ebx'
address@hidden:~/asm>

I'm not quite sure why this is happening, so I've attached my source file to
this message, which I created and attempted to assemble using kwrite on my
32-bit openSUSE installation.  Please let me know why this is happening, so I
can continue learning assembly with confidence in my materials.

~Wesley