pgubook-readers

Re: [Pgubook-readers] using gnu linux on macosx

From: Roger
Subject: Re: [Pgubook-readers] using gnu linux on macosx
Date: Sun, 08 Dec 2013 11:54:05 -0900

> On Sun, Dec 08, 2013 at 11:23:53PM +1100, Bohdan Krowicky wrote:
>Hi
>is there a Linux package that can be used for this book on a Mac? Maybe via
>Bootcamp, or a virtual machine.

VirtualBox?  While trying to load a Linux distro from within Virtualbox, could
also try loading KolibriOS, which is a Live CD entirely compiled from x86
Assembly source code.

>I love the book, but I'm also wondering if anyone knows of a 'virtual
>computer' which shows in animated and schematic form, the functionality of the
>cpu, and the instructions that run it. I seem to remember something like that
>back in the 80's…

Now I remember.  Those 1980 computer era graphical demonstrations, similar to a
Power Point animated slide or even similar to Adobe Flash of a degraded nature.

I've seen a few, but cannot recall any website URL's from the top of my head,
as the instructions are extremely simple in nature.  (Or from my perspective.
Similar to grade school era math, put "1+1" in box and out comes 2!)

This diagrams would be more likely used within school environments concerning
beginning or introductory programming skills.

--
Roger
http://rogerx.freeshell.org/