pgubook-readers

Re: [Pgubook-readers] 32 bit versus 64 bit (UNCLASSIFIED)

From: Roger
Subject: Re: [Pgubook-readers] 32 bit versus 64 bit (UNCLASSIFIED)
Date: Fri, 28 Apr 2017 21:21:13 -0400

>I run a 64 bit version of Ubuntu from disc, will this be compatible or do I
>need to find a 32 bit version?

Atypically, 32 bit versus 64 bit is usually only of concern when using prebuilt
binary packages, or in other words binary executables.  (Aside from such
specifics such as capability of using larger data types when programming for 64
bit; Using 64 bit registers, etc...)

So, if I'm not mistaken, the PGU book will work on 32/64 bit platforms, or
platforms providing Intel registers, so long as you have a working compiler.
(Correct me if I'm wrong here.)

Even though the book is getting old, I have yet to hear or see anything
equivelant.  It does contain a few bugs, but a keen eye will likely catch them
when tracing the code line for line.  (Or, I think the bugs are posted to the
author's site.)  A very good short read!

--
Roger
http://rogerx.freeshell.org/