phpcompta-support

[Phpcompta-support] two question

From: am
Subject: [Phpcompta-support] two question
Date: Thu, 7 Feb 2008 16:51:08 +0100

Hi Alain,

My point of view below.

Jack

Hi!

I am just discovering phpcompta (one and an half day).

As far as I see, it is promising.

I am working with Windows XP (I had to for my work, as there was no

comptability software on Linux :-)), so eventually I'll migrate to Linux,

if...)

I have questions:

1) I have EasyPHP with MySQL installed, is it possible to have Postgrsql

next to MySQL without problems and conflicts?

And is it easy to go to one or the other?

>> You need to install postgresql-8.2 (not 8.1 and not 8.3). No problem of

conflicts generally with MySQL. I've use easyphp in the past for some

developments not with postgresql but it's normally simple.

2) Why should I create a specific user (not admin) to use phpCompta?

Is it only for security (one more password before to reach the books) or is

it required by Postgrsql or phpcompta?

I am going to use the system on a stand alone machine (local server) and I

do not really need loads of passwords (I do not use with my present

bookkeeping software)

>> You need :

     - One password to manage the Posgresql database in itself

     - One password to access to the table inside the Postgresql database

     - One password to access to phpcompta in itself

After installation, it's possible to change all of them to use just one

password. The only point that is difficult to change is the admin's name

(phpcompta) for phpcompta.

[3) Extra question, but I already know the answer = no]

Is it possible to export the parameters (like clients' parameters,...) from

another system?

I use Ciel! Evolution and I already have many clients and suppliers!

>> Not possible or not easy

Thanks for your answers and for the soft,

Alain