Re: [Phpgroupware-developers] Document storing system

From: Peter J. Weyers
Subject: Re: [Phpgroupware-developers] Document storing system
Date: Fri, 14 Dec 2001 12:16:47 +0100 (CET)

On Thu, 13 Dec 2001, Josh Miller wrote:

> I though about somethign like this.
>
> Are you thinking, for it to just be like a file manager, that also has a
> description?

No. I think categories are not implemented in File Manager. Also, this
would not realy make sense. Either you are using the (virtual) file system
as an ordering system or the categories. My approach to categories is to
have a flat structure of categories, i.e. categories are not contained in
each other, but display them in a structured way. That is, if documents
are contained in both categories A and B, category B will show up
like beeing a sub-category of A and vice versa.

The other major difference is, that my "documents" can contain several
files.

Cheers,

Peter
--