[Phpgroupware-developers] Attention all app developers!

From: Dan Kuykendall (Seek3r)
Subject: [Phpgroupware-developers] Attention all app developers!
Date: Wed, 02 Jan 2002 08:40:33 -0800

I have pushed everyone into using the hooks class, which I have just
completed. Instead of using common->hook() you will now need to use
hooks->process()
The params are the same, so just change the name of the class and
function name and it should work.
Additionaly the hooks class no longer loops thru all the app inc dirs
looking for your hook. If you have a hook then it MUST be registered
using the setup program. This means that in your
appname/setup/setup.inc.php it must list ALL the hooks your app
includes. I have already updated several setup.inc.php files for the
apps I have, but an upgrade will need to happen to insert the hook
records for existsing installs. The changes I made to the
setup.inc.php's will only be useful for fresh installs or if someone
uninstalls then reinstalls the app.

Milosch will followup with an example of how to deal with the upgrade
and the syntax involved.

Seek3r