[Phpgroupware-developers] Transitioning existing flat Perl based db to p

From: Jim Foster
Subject: [Phpgroupware-developers] Transitioning existing flat Perl based db to phpgw tables
Date: Fri, 4 Jan 2002 11:43:04 -0700

Hello all, and Happy New Years!

I have a client whose business site I developed a year and a half ago, where the backend is a flat-file db (delimited ASCII files) and where the process logic and db management is Perl-based. I am in the process of transitioning this client's business site to phpgw.

I have developed php code that parses the existing data and to move the user's information into the phpgw_accounts table, the phpgw_addressbook table, and the phpgw_addressbook_extra table. However, I am uncertain as to how to handle the group assignment such that the user has the permissions necessary.

Question: What is the conventional words of wisdom on such a procedure?

Thanks much in advance!

Jim