[Phpgroupware-developers] error_reporting = E_ALL

From: Peter
Subject: [Phpgroupware-developers] error_reporting = E_ALL
Date: Wed, 16 Jan 2002 23:06:49 +1100

Hello phpGroupWare Developers,
I run PHP with
error_reporting  =  E_ALL
to make up for PHP's lack of strong typing and other problems. Each time I
install or update phpGroupWare I have to
make dozens of code changes to get the code working. They could be incorporated
in your base code without
breaking anything.

The changes would most likely improve code maintenance as people can see where
variables start life. I could add
documentation for some of the more obvious variables as they have limited
locality. All my development is in an editor
with a global search so I can find all the usages but do not have ESP so cannot
tell if the usage is the intended usage.

I looked through the archives but did not see a discussion that resembled this
topic. Is anyone interesting in this sort of
change?

Peter