[Phpgroupware-developers] Conceptually Incorrect Icons

From: John Rizzo
Subject: [Phpgroupware-developers] Conceptually Incorrect Icons
Date: Sat, 04 May 2002 14:59:37 +0000

Hi guys,

First I would like to congradulate you on a spectacular application!!! Good
work.

Recently I have been taking a class in Human Computer Interaction.
Specifically we
have been studying incorrect designs so my mind has been aware of this as I go
through life.  Hence, I noticed that the reply and reply to all buttons appear
be conceptually incorrect.  When you reply you are usually thinking of sending a
message back to the user and therefor the arrows would be pointing to the left.
This is not necessarily a problem in and of itself however your forward button
looks almost identically to the reply button.  The only difference being that
it is
on the right side of the envelope.

I would recommend redesigning the reply and reply to all icons so that they are
more distinguishable.

I have posted my redesigned image <a
href="http://web.njit.edu/~jxr7434/reply.bmp";>here for reply</a> and <a
href="http://web.njit.edu/~jxr7434/replytoall.bmp";>here for reply to all</a>

I hope this helps.

John

PS. I am not subsribed to this list so if you want to reply to me then please
reply
to address@hidden  Thank you.
--
John Rizzo            address@hidden    http://www.johnrizzo.net/