Re: [Phpgroupware-developers] GTK... anyone?

From: Aljandro Borges
Subject: Re: [Phpgroupware-developers] GTK... anyone?
Date: 18 Jun 2002 09:38:07 -0600

> I am having problems with session management and would like suggestions on
> the best way to proceed.  I am not familiar with how all of the API works
> (in-fact, I am very unfamiliar with it).  Could the session class be
> modified / extended to use constants instead of cookie/session vars.  There
> is only one 'page' to the application so it will be available to all modules.

I agree to this and im interested....let alone if you want a practical
app that runs gtk (there is the xml-rpc path as well).... a session-less
(or stand alone console session type) would be a great tool to
automatize tasks in phpgw. Bulk uploads, bulk changes, database
profiling...etc...etc...etc...

I havent had the time to dig into it but i can see sessions are
modularized pretty nicely in phpgw so it sort of calls for a
class.session_console.inc.php class....or thats how i imagine would be
the cleanest way....i dont know if its even possible....

> Maybe I should explain my reasoning for wanting such an applicatoin.  I
> would like to have the ability to store emails on a local machine (in the
> same way as outlook does).  I have written class extensions which can save
> and restore list-box values from files on the local machine.  Would it be
> possible to add an OFFLINE mode which will make it possible to read
> emails/todo/calendar etc without connecting to the remote server (or using
> a local sql DB).

I think also xml-rpc would be a way to do this without having the
constraint of the phpgw-api being non-friendly to non-web apps.