[Phpgroupware-developers] New module: pacakges

From: Luca - De Whiskey's - De Vitis
Subject: [Phpgroupware-developers] New module: pacakges
Date: Tue, 25 Jun 2002 16:42:28 +0200

Hi all,
I've added a new cvs module named `pacakges'. This module provides a command
to generate all the type of packages i can do for each phpgroupware module.
I've provided a doc/README.txt file to start with, so read it if you like:
README.txt file will also tell you which packges can be built.

By now, this module can only be used on unix systems, provided they have some
required commands. It could be used by Windows users too, if they have cygwin
(http://sources.redhat.com/cygwin/): BTW, this module still cannot generate a
windows package (and i don't know if i could ever do).

Other required softwares are:
- dpkg (http://packages.debian.org/unstable/base/dpkg.html)
- rpm (http://www.rpm.org/)
- dpkg-dev (http://packages.debian.org/unstable/utils/dpkg-dev.html)
- devscripts (http://packages.debian.org/unstable/devel/devscripts.html)
- fakeroot (http://packages.debian.org/unstable/utils/fakeroot.html)
- alien (http://kitenet.net/programs/alien/)
- bzip2 (http://sources.redhat.com/bzip2/)
- sgmltools-lite (http://www.sgmltools.org/ or http://sgmltool-lite.sf.net)

I suppose that all unix system have the following commands availabe (as
should be for Windows users with cygwin):
- tar
- gzip
- install
- find
- sed

Q: Do you mind if i add a debian directory inside each module in the cvs?

ciao,
--
Luca - De Whiskey's - De Vitis              | Elegant or ugly code as well
aliases: Luca ^De [A-Z][A-Za-z\-]*[iy]'\?s$ | as fine or rude sentences have