Re: [Phpgroupware-developers] phpgwapi for a non groupware app

From: Jason Wies
Subject: Re: [Phpgroupware-developers] phpgwapi for a non groupware app
Date: Tue, 23 Jul 2002 22:42:18 -0400

If it's possible, the best thing to do is make it fully-phpGWized, i.e. based
off skel.  Then just make your own index.php, and munge auth and sessions to do
what you need.

If that's not possible, the second best thing is to make a wrapper that can
load classes from phpgwapi/inc/.  With a simple framework, you can copy a
single class over and use it.  Database abstraction, crypto, templates, and
probably most others can be loaded by themselves.  Others may have dependencies
on other classes or config settings that need to handled before loading.  So
it's just like using any other class you might find.

Now that I think of it, those are pretty obvious :), but I can say they both
work reasonable well.

Jason Wies aka Zone