[Phpgroupware-developers] SyncML server - need help

From: Guillaume Courtois
Subject: [Phpgroupware-developers] SyncML server - need help
Date: Thu, 05 Sep 2002 09:47:53 +0000

Hello all,

I'm having some time these days to begin the development of the syncml server
for phpgroupware (finally !)

That's good news, the bad one is that I'm going on holidays for two weeks
tomorrow :-) But I will work on it again when I'm back.

During this development, one thing is sure : I will need your help, since I
don't know the internals of phpGW (specially the API) well enough ...

So, let's go with my first question : the first phase of a SyncML session is
authentification (yes, I'm only there :), consisting of the client sending a
login and a password. I think that the best thing to do is to use the existing
phpGW accounts, and the existing functions used to authenticate into phpGW.

Since there are multiple ways (system, SQL, LDAP, etc ...) of authentication,
are there transparent functions including all these which I could use to
authenticate the SyncML session ?

Thanks in advance for your help !

Bye.