Re: [Phpgroupware-developers] Email rant (was Weekly Rant ... mini versi

From: Alex Borges (lex)
Subject: Re: [Phpgroupware-developers] Email rant (was Weekly Rant ... mini version tonight)
Date: 25 Sep 2002 14:14:00 -0500

/me gleefully agrees.... any other positions on this???

I took the liberty of posting a request for comments on the issue in the
anglemail list, ppl there are also here so this issue is in the open and
for discussion by all...:)... also so we can get on with bugskwashing on
the stable branch and have this email issue resolved.

Alex

El mié, 25-09-2002 a las 14:02, Dan Kuykendall escribió:
> My position on the issue is this.
> 1) email in 0.9.14 sucks.
> 2) anglemail works as a drop in replacement, and I think we should just
> take one of his releases most stable and fairly recent releases and drop
> it into place in cvs for the Version-0_9_14-branch.
> 3) Because Angles would want to continue to do all kinds of crazy stuff
> to continue improving the email app and some of it may make the code
> less than stable during these processes, we can create a
> Version-0_9_14_angles-branch for the email app where he will do all his
> dev work, and needed fixes can be merges into Version-0_9_14-branch
> 4) At some point Version-0_9_14_angles-branch will be merged into HEAD
> and we can start porting it to the new version of the API. This isnt a
> good time to do this yet, since there is much we still have to do to the
> API and its very much a moving target.
>
> I hopeing to hear from Angles to see if he will come back now that
> Milosch is gone.

Alex (Lex) Borges
Software Engineer
Step One Group