Re: [Phpgroupware-developers] Warning: Variable passed to each() is not

From: Paolo Andreetto
Subject: Re: [Phpgroupware-developers] Warning: Variable passed to each() is not an array or object in /www/phpgw/root/setup/ldapmodify.php on line 192
Date: Thu, 26 Sep 2002 11:20:09 +0200

Eric Wieling wrote:

I'm trying to setup phpGroupWare 0.9.14.000 (I've tried both the
tar.gz files off the web site and the CVS stable version).

I'm getting the following error when I go into "Modify an
existing LDAP account store for use with phpGroupWare (for a new
install using LDAP accounts)" and modify the LDAP accounts for
use with phpGroupware.

Warning: Variable passed to each() is not an array or object in
/www/phpgw/root/setup/ldapmodify.php on line 192

Does anyone have any idea what I might be doing wrong?  This is
very frustrating.  Thanks in advance for any help or suggestions
or ideas.

First of all it is necessary to check if user-group membership into LDAP
is correct, according to RFC2307, i.e. a group entity lists all memberUid
required and each memberUid corresponds to an user entity with the
same uidNumber.
Then when you modify the accounts you've got to choose the correct
group, as defined in LDAP.

In this case I'm able to import profiles, or at least most of the times.
Unfortunately I've suspended all tests and hacking on LDAP so I cannot
be more specific; I'm quite sure the bug depends on group membership
but I cannot find the point of failure.

Keep in touch
--
Paolo