[Phpgroupware-developers] app_order bug fix for phpgw 0.9.14

From: Adam Hull
Subject: [Phpgroupware-developers] app_order bug fix for phpgw 0.9.14
Date: Thu, 17 Oct 2002 08:47:15 +0000

I recently discovered that the app_order sorting functionality in phpGroupware
0.9.14 is broken. This is due to it being disabled in
/phpgwapi/inc/class.common.inc.php via a resorting of the apps.
Here is how to fix it:

Simply comment out or delete this line:

ksort($GLOBALS['phpgw_info']['user']['apps']);

in /phpgwapi/inc/class.common.inc.php on line # 941

I beg someone with phgwapi CVS access to fix this in the 0.9.14 branch so that
it appears in the next stable release. This is a severe limitation for those
like the Axis Groupware project who are working to create an advanced user
interface. If someone wants a primitive alphabetical sorting of the apps in
the navbar, they can manually configure app_order or even better it would be
very easy to add a preference in /setup to turn off app_order via the above
ksort. But, to completely turn off app_order is a step backwards. If you have
any further questions please feel free to contact me.

This can also be referenced in the Axis Groupware docs here:
http://docs.axisgroupware.org/index.php?page=FixAppOrderBug

Thanks,
Adam