Re: [Phpgroupware-developers] Categories

From: Heiko Verhelst
Subject: Re: [Phpgroupware-developers] Categories
Date: Tue, 26 Nov 2002 19:49:11 +0100

You don't have to worry about the xml-rpc stuff, there is enough api available.
It's just a matter of making a message, populating it with the function name and parameters, making a connection, sending the message and processing the response. The difficulty is the authorization. The current mechanism requires you to add a line to the http-header. With some high-level api that is not possible.

At 08:19 24-11-02 +0000, you wrote:
Brian Johnson (address@hidden) wrote*:

>I guess I need to figure out what xmlrpc is, and how to use it
>
>Is it like ODBC?

depends on what library you use ont he client side.

Basically, it's a standardized and very flexable way to get XML data over TCP, or in
this case HTTP.

If you're familiar with recordsets then grasping the idea of an XML data set will be cake, it's the RPC that's gonna be trick. I haven't actually used it just, just read a little, but it doesn't sound too hard to implement given XML and raw HTTP
knowledge.