Re: [Phpgroupware-developers] Not to be impolite (2 issues, issue #1)...

From: Dave Hall
Subject: Re: [Phpgroupware-developers] Not to be impolite (2 issues, issue #1)...
Date: Wed, 09 Apr 2003 07:16:34 +1000

Ron <address@hidden> wrote:

> I've mentioned this before only to be shot down... Perhaps if I
> persistI can gain some momentum:

Perhaps not too

> ISSUE #1 (of 2):
>
> The subject line prefix is TOOOOOOO LOOOONNNNNGGG:
>
> I'm on 30+ lists and process hundreds of messages a day, but when
> I get
> to [Phhpppggrrroouupppwwaarree--ddeevvveeellloopperrrssss] there
> is NO
> SPACE left on the Subject line!
>
> What about changing to something shorter, like:
>
>    [phpgw-dev] and [phpgw-user]
>
> Failing that... could those in opposition provide a reason to
> usurp so
> much real estate on the subject line...

This is controlled by savannah not us ... take it up with
savannah-hackers at gnu.org ... not here.  afaik the email address is
alway prepended to the subject line.  The convention is
projectname-purpose ... and as we have a long project name it does bloat
it a little.

imho there are a lot worse things to get fired up about ... such as
illegal wars!

<snip />