RE: [Phpgroupware-developers] Savanna Bug Reports

From: Michael Dean
Subject: RE: [Phpgroupware-developers] Savanna Bug Reports
Date: 29 Apr 2003 08:46:58 -0500

I agree with Dave.  Most problems are not going to be specific to a
particular sql server.  Only in cases such as schema proc or the
database abstraction classes would you find such information to be
*necessary*.

But, if the user does a good job of submitting a bug report, that
information will be included as part of the ticket.  If phpGW doesn't
have any guidelines for submitting bugs, it would be helpful to create
one.  I know Bugzilla and a few others have such a thing, so maybe those
can be pilfered ;-)

Operating system in PHP is generally useful only for setup issues.
There are a few other instances where you may have functionality that
exists on one platform and not another, but these are generally avoided
or coded to work in all environments.