Re: [Phpgroupware-developers] Re: timestamps with my MySQL in schema_pro

From: Michael Dean
Subject: Re: [Phpgroupware-developers] Re: timestamps with my MySQL in schema_proc
Date: 10 Jun 2003 19:14:23 -0500

On Tue, 2003-06-10 at 14:51, address@hidden wrote:
> If I understand right, the point is that MySQL when you use multiple
> timestamps, always updates all of them, and that other RDBMS let you
> specify "Update timestamp 1, but leave timestamp 2 untouched". I
> understand that this is a limitation, but I am not sure why this
> should prevent me from using tables with one single timestamp field
> with MySQL.

That's just one point - we're trying to maintain portability and
consistency in behavior.  Introducing datatypes which have differing
rules or don't exist in all platforms isn't in anyone's best interest.
Especially those who have to do support.

Just use a default of now() and you won't have to touch it.

Mike