Re: [Phpgroupware-developers] Re: phpGroupware database and u ml d ocume

From: Ralf Becker
Subject: Re: [Phpgroupware-developers] Re: phpGroupware database and u ml d ocumentation in wiki?
Date: Tue, 17 Jun 2003 09:23:18 +0200

The only docu I have made so far about the links are inline docs in the source-files infolog/inc/{so|bo}link.inc.php.

The so-class implementes the links as n to n links in the db-table phpgw_links. The bo-class adds an application registry, where each application can register functions for searching and viewing entries (via a hook) and the facility to attach files.

You can view it with our (buggy) inlinedocparser:
http://www.phpgroupware.org/cvsdemo/doc/inlinedocparser.php?app=infolog

or view the relevant sourcefiles on savannah:
http://savannah.gnu.org/cgi-bin/viewcvs/phpgroupware/infolog/inc/class.solink.inc.php?rev=1.12&only_with_tag=HEAD&content-type=text/vnd.viewcvs-markup
http://savannah.gnu.org/cgi-bin/viewcvs/phpgroupware/infolog/inc/class.bolink.inc.php?rev=1.15&only_with_tag=HEAD&content-type=text/vnd.viewcvs-markup

I will put a proposal about the link-class into the wiki in the next days.

Ralf

Dave Hall wrote:
Brian Johnson <address@hidden> wrote:

Here's my real issue:

If I want to make an app that has records that link to addressbook records, I want to make sure that addressbook checks for the possible existence of my links prior to allowing a record to be deleted since that would totaly screw up the integrity of my
data.  THIS IS A CRITICAL POINT.

But, I don't think it's practical to have addressbook have a special check for my links to it's records, and I know that other apps could bnefit by sharing the contact records in addressbook (through links) and I don't think it's pracitcal to have addressbook check for every possible link from a list of other apps

Hooks :)

Extraploate that to apply to apps other than addressbook (calendar is another one that immediately springs to mind) and you can see the benefits of a standard linking
system for each app to take advantage of.

I'm not sure what you mean by hard-wired system, I don't think the linking system behind infolog is one. At it's core it is one table that includes five fields (id,
app_id1, record_id_app1, app_id2, record_id_app2)

That is my original idea, and I am glad to ralf has implemented it :)