[Phpgroupware-developers] Quotes in Forms

From: Tanguy Pruvot
Subject: [Phpgroupware-developers] Quotes in Forms
Date: Thu, 26 Jun 2003 12:11:23 +0200 (Paris, Madrid (heure d'été))

As you could have seen, there is a major security problem in SQL requests. you certainly use '+Var+' to quote strings....

the solution is to create a simple text function named sqlquote which is like that :

return "'"+replace(str,"'","''")+"'"

Requests will be much clear... like

$sReq = "SELECT WHERE COL=".sqlquote($var);

In France, we often use the quote in sentences... like L'école, L'ouvrier etc...

we must write L''école to write in forums or anywhere in phpgroupware...

Else Fine suite, continue your job like that :)